We finished round three of treatment in May and our "test date" was the Saturday we got back from DisneyWorld. We talked about it ahead of time, and decided to just wait until we got back to Prescott on Sunday night to test. However... when the time came, we couldn't wait and stopped on the way home from the airport to pick up a pregnancy test.
I went straight into the bathroom after arriving at my parents for the night and immediately saw the plus sign appear on the test stick!! I cannot tell you how shocked I was. I opened the door (Tim was waiting patiently) and showed it to Tim. We were so excited, but not ready to share the news yet because the doctor's office requires TWO blood tests to eliminate the chance of leftover hormones in my system causing a false positive on the at-home test.
I took another test Sunday morning and another Monday morning. The plus sign appeared immediately both times again!
First blood test was Monday, a level of 50 or higher means pregnant. My results came back, and my level was a wonderful 155! Second blood test was Wednesday, hoping to double Monday's results, and my level was 390! YAY!
WE ARE OFFICIALLY PREGNANT!!!
p.s. Please don't yet share this news... If you are reading this, you are hereby sworn to secrecy! We will let the world know as soon as we make it past the first trimester.


No comments:
Post a Comment